CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #21

Happy Friday!  It's the first Friday of the unofficial summer, and it's beautiful outside!  This week's picks feature heaping helping of whimsicality and an oppressive weather pattern.

Hero of the Week:  The Little Prince
The Little Prince has been one of my favorite books since I first read it in high school French class.  I've read it in both French and English multiple times, and it always makes me feel better when I'm sad.  I was thrilled to find a gorgeous deluxe pop-up edition of this classic in Anthropology.  I love Anthropology anyway, but now I adore it.  I had the best time rediscovering my favorite story with the characters literally jumping off the page.  So this week, the Little Prince is my hero for his musical laugh, hair the color of wheat, and ability to love a selfish flower.  


Villain of the Week:  Heat 
The weather may be nice now, but the week started off ridiculously hot!  I'm not opposed to heat altogether, but it was simply way too hot for the last days of May.  When I was out on the ramp at the airport waiting for a plane to arrive, I thought I was going to melt.  Really, the weather should have the decency to wait until late July or August to that abominably hot so I have a chance to mentally prepare myself.

That is all for this week.  However, please check out my updated version of Asia in the City.  It has been updated per Audra's request and I added some photos!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment