CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board

I am frustrated.  JA Greetings's recent brush with identity theft has rendered our original (albeit fairly unsuccessful) business plan unworkable, which means that we basically have to start from scratch with a plan that doesn't revolve around e-commerce.  Luckily, I have a few days off of work later this week to work on this problem.  It's still disheartening to have to start all over.  To make myself feel better, I'm going to focus on some positive beginnings.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of great fortune must be in want of a wife."  --  Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice.

"Once upon a time in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle."  -- Beauty and the Beast

"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since."  --  F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"Serene was a word you could put to Brooklyn, New York."  --  Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much."  --  J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"Once when I was six I saw a magnificent picture in a book about the jungle, called True Stories.  --  Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

"Except for the Marabar Caves--and they are twenty miles off--the city of Chandrapore presents nothing extraordinary."  --  E.M. Forster, A Passage to India

"Sir Walter Elliot, of Kellynch-hall, in Somersetshire, was a man who, for his own amusement, never took up any book but the Baronetage."  --  Jane Austin, Persuasion 

"When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow."  --  Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

I know that all of these beginnings, unassuming as they may seem, are an essential part to classic stories that have helped to shape my worldview.  So I am going to take encouragement from my favorite authors and assume that this new beginning for JA Greetings is the start of something very very good indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment