CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 15, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week # 14

What an absolutely fantastic Friday it has been!  Here in Winchester, it's sunny and mild, and the Apple Blossom festivities have begun!  It's also time again to reveal the Hero and Villain of the Week.  Read on if you dare!

Terminator Roll and Sucilee's Special Roll
from Sucilee's House of Thai in Winchester, VA
Hero of the Week:  Sushi 
Until the last year and a half to two years, I refused to eat sushi.  Raw fish sounded ridiculously disgusting and downright dangerous to someone who wasn't allowed to eat cookie dough.  And sushi with cooked fish?  A lame attempt to make sushi, an utterly pretentious food, accessible to those who wanted to be cool enough to eat sushi.  And yet, now I really like it!  I love the mixture of textures and the combination of the salty, spicy and sweet flavors. The fact that I now get to be a regular at a local restaurant with an awesome staff is just a bonus.  

Villain of the Week:  Daniel M. Wegner
Daniel Wegner is the social psychologist known for his work relating to the ironic processing theory that I wrote about earlier this week.  While I realize that his observing and writing about the phenomenon of thought suppression increasing the frequency of said thoughts does not mean that he is the cause of the phenomenon, I still feel like blaming him for my little mishap with the knife.  Plus, according to his Wikipedia page, he argues that free will is an illusion.  Since I'm a big fan of free will, he definitely gets labeled as a villain this week!

That's all for this week!  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment