CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #15

It's an incredibly dreary Friday afternoon, what with the rain, the unseasonably cold weather, and the flood watch and all.  It's the perfect day to curl up in your snuggie with a cup of hot tea or coffee and read about this week's hero and villain!

Hero of the Week:  Lifetime 
I adore making fun of Lifetime movies.  Since endlessly recycled stories revolving around abusive men, crazy stalkers, unplanned pregnancies, eating disorders and bad acting have been labeled "television for women," I, as a woman, feel the need to watch and mock.  You can imagine my joy when I read that Lifetime had developed a new movie, William & Kate, in a matter of days.  I set my TiVo immediately!  Shockingly, it wasn't that bad.  It wasn't great cinema, of course, but it was much better than I was expecting.  It had pretty people, pretty clothes, pretty scenery, surprisingly decent acting.  While the story wasn't original (I can't give creative props for a bio-pic), the lack of an outlandish murder plot made it a breath of fresh air on the network.  Perhaps the adorable Drop Dead Diva wasn't a fluke and Lifetime is actually trying to step up its game!  

Dear Weather, Quit it already!!!  Love, Jamie
Villain of the Week:  Easter Weather
Why does it always have to rain Easter weekend?  I want to be able to wear a pretty spring sundress for Easter, but more often than not it's cold and wet.  Jack was born on Easter weekend in 2007, and it actually snowed!  I was so excited to meet my new nephew that I didn't think to pack a jacket and ended up having to buy one at Goodwill.  Really Weather, don't you know that it's inappropriate to be gloomy on a day that symbolizes resurrection and new life and fresh starts and life?  I know thunderstorms are in the forecast for Sunday, but I'm just not okay with that.  Get with the program!  

That's all for this week!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!    

1 comment:

  1. Here is how I pictured that movie in my head: Wills and Kate slip a little something in Granny's tea (so he can "get on that throne while we're still young, darling"). They are found out, of course, but since it is a royal matter things are "dealt with" from the inside. Cue multiple insidious poisonings and suffocation on all sides ('EXTRA: THE ROYAL FAMILY HAS EBOLA...NO PICTURES, PLEASE!) and much running and panic at shaky camera angles. Kate emerges the only one alive, shivering on the back of an ambulance and talking about how gruesome it all was while her family hugs her and tells her how brave she was.
    FIN.

    ReplyDelete