CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reserving Judgement

I try to be pretty open-minded when it comes to new things.  I live by a rule of three--I don't give up on anything without giving it at least three chances.  If a book starts off slowly, I keep reading through at least the first three chapters.  With new TV shows, I watch for at least three episodes.  (Of course, sometimes shows are cancelled before three episodes have aired and that really annoys me.)  New haircuts get three days, and new foods three bites.  Often I grow to really enjoy something I initially dislike.  New tastes and styles require a sort of acclamation, and storytelling requires exposition.  The more solid the foundation, the better the story.

I'm trying to adapt this rule to my interactions with others by taking three beats before saying something snarky that could be taken the wrong way.  While this is probably a positive for my relationships, it's not that much fun.  If my witty remarks never see the light of day, how will everyone know how awesome I am?  Thank goodness I have a snarky card company that lets me get some of this pent-up awesomeness out of my system!  I'd love to make cards like
    
        "I'm sorry you failed so miserably"
        "What where you thinking?" (perfect for an engagement shower!)
        "You're so cute when you're wrong"
        "At least you're pretty"

This way, other people can be more snarky and I can be less so.  Since I have enough to go around, it would be a pretty good arrangement.  I'd like to say you'll definitely be seeing these cards in our shop soon, but I'm not sure yet if they'll work.  I'll have to think about it for at least three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment