CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hidden Messages

I started my morning with a leisurely cup of coffee.  Next, I embellished a relatively large order of graduation cards.  Eventually, I decided to take a break and have some lunch.  Even more delicious than my breakfast, I ate some yummy tortellini.  Dogs like tortellini too, right? Certainly they do!  Of course, Gilbert begged to have some of my lunch.  Fortunately for my stomach, I am able to resist his charms.  Funny things started to happen after that.  Elephants started flying through the air!  Eerie?  Not as much as you might think.  Only slightly perturbing, really.  Wonder why?


One might start to wonder about my sanity.  Kids should probably run and hide.  Ashley might start to get concerned about letting me babysit Jack.  You can't keep him from me, Ashley!  I'm mostly sane, promise!  Giddy, perhaps.  Obviously a little loopy.  Today has been a little longish.  Maybe I should go to bed.  Yep, that's definitely a good idea.  Can't accomplish it now, though.  Oh, so many miles to go before I sleep!  Faulty logic seems to be the norm for me when I'm this tired.  Funky music starts playing in the background of my mind.  Elephants like funky music.  Everyone can dance to it! 


I know this is an odd entry.  Silly might be a better word.  Totally bizaar?  I'll give you that one.  Luckily, I revel in bizaarness.  Lunacy can be fun!  Rational thought and behavior can be overrated.  Even when it's necessary, I sometimes don't appreciate it.  Anticipating the need for rationality is enough to give me a headache!  Little bits of reason can be a good thing.  Lots of it can be a bad thing.  Years of experience have led me to this conclusion.  Luckily for me, I haven't really let reason hold me back.  Occasionally, I'll act like a rational adult.  Very few times have I chosen adult behavior when not absolutely necessary.  Every time I make a mature decision, I am ridiculously proud of myself.  Any number of people might make mature decisions without giving themselves a pat on the back, but why?  Congratulating oneself on one's brilliance is the entire point of being responsible.  Really, why would I make un-fun adult decisions if not to brag about how awesome I am?  Obviously, I need to be appreciated.  Surely that isn't too much to ask!  Thanks is something I think we all want.  I should make more of an effort to let others know how much I appreciate them.  Cultured readers, I appreciate you!  Super doesn't begin to describe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment