CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #17

It's the end of very busy week, which of course means that it's time for another edition of Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week!  The news was full of heroes and villains this week, but isn't it time to expand your horizons?

Hero of the Week:  Chloe  
Chloe is a very brave little girl who has been suffering from seizures for a while.  Today she underwent brain surgery to remove the mass that has been causing the seizures.  Only four years old, she has shown so much more courage and compassion than I ever would in her situation.  Her whole wonderful family is a huge inspiration to me because of their faith and strength.  I am happy to report that the surgery went well and preliminary tests indicate that she should make a full recovery!  Praise God!

Villain of the Week:  Oil
I know everyone has been talking about the rising cost of oil and outrageous gas prices, but I try to ignore such negativity.  However, my awesome new job is almost an hour away, so I've been using a lot more gas recently.  It cost me $55 to fill up my fuel-efficient mid-sized car!  The current state of affairs is utterly redonkulous, and if I had another option I'd stop paying for the stuff altogether.  Unfortunately, I have to drive to work and will have to continue paying for gas.  They have me over an oil barrel, if you will.  I hate being choice-less, and I HATE spending on money on something that isn't pretty.  Villain indeed, sir!

Okay, that's all.  I'm signing off for the week.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment