CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week # 25

It is finally Friday of the longest week ever!  It hasn't been a particularly bad week for me (and I hope not you either), but the beginning of the week seems like 100 years ago.  I'm looking forward to moving forward in time, but first, as always, I must recap this interminable week by revealing the top hero and villain.

Hero of the Week:  Independence Day
Monday, of course, is the 4th of July.  Erma Bombeck said, "You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it's patriotism."  This statement perfectly sums up what I love about the holiday.  It's a day when we participate in activities that we could be done any weekend, but there is so much more joy because we remember that we have the freedom to do them.  I'm all for a holiday that helps me remember to be appreciative.  Plus, I love fireworks.  They are so pretty!

Villain of the Week:  Past Me
If you read my blog yesterday, you know that I fell short of my blogging goal for the month.  Now that's it's July, I'm obviously much wiser than I was in June.  For serious, I was only 25 for most of June and now I'm 26!  It seems unfair to me that now I'm starting off a new month playing catch-up because that idiot that I used to be made excuses instead of working.  What's that, Past Me?  You didn't get all of the writing done because you were busy at the job where they actually pay you?  Boo hoo!  Tell it to someone who cares!

That's all for now.  I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment