CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ladies' Night

Betty
Who doesn't love Ladies' Night?  It could be a night out with drink and dinner specials, a rousing game of "What's Yours Like?" or low-key evening at home with glitter and a lap full of Mastiff.  (Or is that one just me?)  Often they involve some sort of misguided attempt at beautification.  One of the the great mysteries in life as far as I'm concerned is why things that are supposed to enhance beauty make me look like some sort of sea monster.  

Don't get me wrong--I'd live in Sephora à la From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler--but I do find it ironic that a large percentage of beauty products are goopy and funny-colored.  Consequently, a ladies' night involving said goopy products represents a deep level of trust and friendship.  It takes a lot of guts to look that hideous in front of people.  I'm grateful to have the kinds of friends who, while they may take pictures of me looking terrible, usually don't post them on Facebook.  And ladies, if I don't bother to get dressed or put on makeup to hang out with you, it's just an expression of love.

When you have a moment, check out our latest birthday card which celebrates this very special bond:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/68316566/classy-lady-humorous-birthday-card.  And come back tomorrow for Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week!

2 comments: