CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 25, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #7

Happy Friday everyone!  Since it's almost the weekend, it's time again for Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week.  This week's submissions feature nostalgia, heroics, and deeds of dastardly sabotage.

Hero of the Week:  Beauty and the Beast
B&B was my favorite movie when I was a kid, and Belle was defiantly my favorite princess.  She was my favorite when I was very young because she was the only princess with brown hair and green eyes.   She was my favorite when I was in middle school because she liked to read.  In high school, I liked her because she was loyal to her family.  Now I love her because she shows discernment of character and a hunger to expand her worldview.  And Belle is only one reason I love this movie!  The songs are awesome, and I was able to watch in blu-ray for the first time this week with Jack.  We hung out in my room, newly named "Fancy Land" by Jack, and watched this cinematic masterpiece in sing-along mode.  The new feature helped me to learn some song lyrics that I had never understood before:  "Sally forth, tally ho/Praise the Lord and here we go!" "We're 50 strong and 50 Frenchman can't be wrong!"  Pure genius!  

Villain of the Week:  Jamie
Yes, I am this week's villain.  I have done myself far too much damage this week to go without punishment!  It all started innocently enough with a day trip to Baltimore.  I'm not much of a city driver, but I decided to go anyway.  I found a parking garage near my final destination before leaving, but somehow managed to drive through the whole garage and missed every open parking spot.  I had to leave the garage and find a new place to park, which was a bit further than I had planned on.  Once parked, I set out on foot.  In my infinite wisdom, I wore boots with 3" heels despite the snow and ice the day before.  Here's the thing about Baltimore:  it has a lot of tall buildings, and ice doesn't melt so well between buildings where the sun can't reach.  I managed not to fall, but did pull a tendon in my foot.  Now, why would I do that if I wasn't a villain?  But alas, the story gets worse.  After injuring my foot, I enjoyed a delightful lunch with a dear friend.  Sadly, I revolted against myself once again and became unpleasantly ill.  Shame on me!

That is all for this week!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment