CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Need of a Melody

We just posted our very first Encouragement card!  To celebrate, and because I was teaching about music in Sunday School, today's blog will be entirely of song lyrics.

Lately you've been contemplating is this real or is it fading?
I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
Half of me is all about apathy and the other half just doesn't care
It's my life so it's mine to make
I mean to prove I mean to move in my own way
I set my clocks early because I know I'm always late
Without you I'm always 20 minutes late
1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
Mark me with ash until I'm clean again
Show me something gorgeous, show me till my eyes get tired
When I'm home I think I'll go eat cereal and stare out the window
We might just break up if I don't wake up to the sun
Just get away from the shady turf and baby go catch some rays on the sunny surf
Think I got a tan from the language I was basking
I'll watch the gleam in my eye shines off the spring in my step
A smile on my face and an air guitar rocking
You're like a rain cloud if it rained mushroom clouds
I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you
You gave my life direction
Don't you know, you're really going to be someone
You are my fire, the one desire
You were the last good thing about this part of town
You look inside my wild mind never knowing what you'll find
I've sung a lot of songs, I've made some bad rhyme
I'm poor, I'm starving, I'm flat broke, I've got no cash to spend
They say I've lost my Midas touch; what turned to gold now turns to rust
I'll carry a cross and a song where I don't belong
Bittersweet and strange finding you can change
Shaking my mind like an etch-a-sketch erasing
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still
I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I'm so tired of the phone, baby
I'm still mad but I can't remember why
I wish you thought that I was dead
I think we've got what it takes to get this heart start beating again
It's hard to say what it is I see in you
I think about you all the time you're so addictive
Anyone can tell you think you know me well
We got older, but we're still young
I'm the Cusak on the lawn of your heart
I've found a way to make you smile

That could be a chart-topper if I used auto-tune, right?  If you're feeling a little down in spite of (or because of) my lovely ode, check out our new encouragement card at http://jagreetings.ecrater.com/p/10772343/snarky-puppies-and-rainbows-greeting-card.  My dog, Gilbert, is featured in one of the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment