CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Box of Memories

Today I had the opportunity to attend a "glitter party" with a friend of mine--we ate homemade monkey bread and worked on decoupaging photo boxes with mementos from our trip to Singapore and Bali last year.  Since decoupaging involves a lot of waiting for glue to dry, my box is still a work in progress.  When I start sealing all of the pieces in place, I'm going to sprinkle the whole thing with green and gold glitter.  It's going to be so pretty!!  

I love the idea of a box to hold memorabilia that's also covered in it.  It's like one giant sparkly good memory.  The top of my box represents where I've already been, and the sides are going showcase places I'd like to go.  So really it's more of a memory/dream box.  

This is my first attempt at decoupage, but if it works out, I have big plans.  I'm going to make lovely crafty portfolios and card boxes with JA Greetings logos and designs on them so that I can look very professional at craft fairs and local shops.  I think I'm going to need lots of practice before I'm ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment