CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #11

We've all made it through another week, and it's time to celebrate with another installment of Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week!  Since last week's villain pick was more controversial than I realized, I'm going to you dear readers a week to cool off before I select an actual person again!

Hero of the Week:  Netflix
If you've known me longer than 5 minutes, you know that I'd marry Netflix if it were a man.  I've discovered countless movies and TV shows that I love, and I was able to re-watch lots of things I loved as a child (Anyone else Avonlea on the Disney Channel?  Netflix has it!).  The new streaming-only plan allows me to watch as much as I want on my big pretty TV in HD for less than $10 a month.  Most impressively (at least to me since I used to work in customer service) is that anytime there an interruption in service, like a technical problem that causes decreased quality in streaming video, I get an apology email and a credit to my account before I even report a problem.  I also read an article that Netflix may start offering original programming, which I find amazing since there are way too many reality shows and too few programs with actual storytelling.  There is more to love all the time!

Villain of the Week:  Thunder
Gilbert hates thunder storms.  I'm not a huge fan at the moment either, because as Gilbert isn't potty trained, we both occasionally have to go out in them.  It is way not fun to be pelted with freezing cold rain and trying to calm down a spastic dog.  Every time there was a clap of thunder, he jumped amazingly high and bolted to the door.  After nearly ripping my shoulder out of it's socket pulling me back inside, he spent the next 40 minutes running in circles and banking off furniture.  I'm not sure how much excitement his poor heart can take!  I'm praying for a non-stormy spring so Gilbert doesn't break any bones (his or mine) while in freak-out mode.

That's all for this week.  Have a great weekend and check back next week!

1 comment:

  1. Love your hero! I didn't know they came out with a streaming only plan so I will definitely have to check that out! Also, I know of some dogs who have to be put on meds during thse storms. Poor puppy!

    Have a great weekennd!

    ReplyDelete