CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #10

I am sorry that my usual blog entry is a day late, but since I had a life that prevented my posting on time, I assume that my dear readers also have lives which kept the delay from being too disappointing.  So without further ado, here are this week's picks:

Daddio with Jack
Hero of the Week:  My Daddio (and the team with whom he traveled)
My dad has been in Colonet, Mexico this week with a team from our church supporting a local congregation.  They hosted game and movie nights and tried to encourage the people in any way possible.  I don't think my dad has studied a foreign language since high school, and then he took Latin, but spent weeks trying to learn as much Spanish as possible to be able to communicate effectively.  I'm not sure how many phrases he was able to learn or if he actually had to ask for directions to the library, but I admire his effort and his (and the other team members') willingness to give up his vacation time to serve others.




Villain of the Week:  Benjamin Franklin 
My cousin told me that Benjamin Franklin first suggested the implementation of Daylight Savings Time in the US, though the policy wasn't put into effect until much later.  Because of this asinine idea, he simply must be declared a villain.  Sure, he may have discovered electricity or whatever, but he also cost me an hour of sleep this week!  If it were just an hour I could get over it, but the whole time-change-extra-daylight thing completely throws off my whole schedule.  I haven't been able to get to sleep before 2 am all week!  Now the bags under my eyes are so pronounced that no amount of light-reflecting concealer can make me look alert and refreshed.  I am not a happy camper.  Benjy, I hope they take your face off the $100 bill!


That's all for this week.  I hope everyone has an awesome weekend and enjoys the gorgeous weather!

3 comments:

  1. Hey hey! Don't be hating on Ben. I can't believe what all that man did in his life. He gets a "pass" on Day Light Savings Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't realize that Ben had so many passionate supporters! Ashley took issue with my villain pick too. I'll try to be more accommodating next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries! I was just in Philly and you learn a lot about him. There's a sign that lists all that he did and it's crazy! I'm not a fan of Daylight Savings Time either, my wedding was on the day when you spring forward. Can you imagine how scared I was that everyone would be an hour late?

    ReplyDelete