CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week #9

Since it's Friday afternoon and the work week is officially over, it's time to crown this week's hero and villain.  This week's picks feature dashing (and some creepy) men and delicious surprises.  Read on!

Hero of the Week:  Nathan Fillion  
I think it's pretty obvious by this point that I'm a ginormous dork, and as such, I love sci-fi.  I'm particularly addicted to the works of Joss Whedon, because for serious, who doesn't love Buffy and Dr. Horrible?  It was during the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that I was first introduced to Nathan Fillion (he was playing an evil preacher possessed by the First Evil who killed girls; super creepy!).  Of course, then I had to watch Firefly and Serenity, and Capt. Mal Reynolds was an absolutely amazing character.  Fillion went on to star in Waitress, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (as Captain Hammer), and is currently starring in Castle.  What I love about this actor is that each character he plays is so distinct; when I'm watching Castle, I never think he sounds like Mal Reynolds or vise versa.  But really the reason that he made the list this week is that I'm watching Firefly on Netflix.  It's a great show, and anyone who hasn't seen it already should.

Villain of the Week:  Monkey bread
Monkey break is so good it's dangerous.  Pieces of dough dipped in cinnamon and sugar, then drowned in a butter-cinnamon-sugar mix and baked to an ooey gooey caramelized perfection was nearly my undoing.  My friend baked some monkey bread for our glitter party this week, and I think I ate half the pan.  It's hard to be a grown-up and eat fruits and vegetables like I'm supposed to when presented with a delightful delicacy named after my favorite animal.  So to strip the amazing monkey bread of the power it has over me, I'm declaring it a villain.  So there!  (P.S. Courtney, you should really take this as a compliment!)

That's all for this week!  Have a great weekend everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Firefly is awesome! Nobody's really sure why it was cancelled :(. Monkey break is awesome too! My grandma made it when I was younger...we called it Cinnamon-Sugar Pull-Apart. Monkey Bread is definitely faster and more fun to say!

    ReplyDelete