CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Deflated

The French have a saying, "Je suis crevé."  This means, "I'm exhausted," but it's the same phrase that's used to describe a flat tire.  I think this is so fitting because sometimes (and by sometimes I mean right now) feel like all of the air has been let out of me and I'm just a floppy mass of ugly rubber underneath a machine that weighs a ton.  Not that I'm complaining or anything!  

I think Ashley captured the deflated spirit of "crevé" perfectly in the artwork for our latest card.  Anyone who has ever sat around in a bathrobe because getting dressed just takes too much energy knows that sometimes trying to smile can physically hurt.  What is needed is a genuine reason to smile because that takes the sting out of moving those stubborn lip muscles.  For those of you who, like me, feel a little bit deflated today, here is something to cheer you up.  It made me laugh!   

No comments:

Post a Comment