CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Every day should be a holiday

I'm a fan (depending on my mood) of cheesy love songs about how every day is a holiday with the person you love.  However, I think that's kind of a load of crap.  Speaking as a member of the greeting card design community, every day is most certainly not a holiday!  If it were, I'd be a lot better off, financially speaking.    If every day is a holiday, then you people who are "in love" are really bad at celebrating.

However, I'm a dreamer.  I think that every day should be a holiday for everyone (that's right, it's time you love birds stop hogging the festivities!).  With that in mind, I'd like to declare tomorrow Fuzzy Slippers Day!  So tomorrow, wear your favorite fuzzy slippers, tie them together and sling them over power lines, or just talk about them with great affection.  Personally, I think I'll name my slippers.

I'm going to try to come up with a new holiday every day.  Feel free to provide feedback and submit your own ideas.  If I get a good response, I'm thinking of creating a fake holiday card line.

I hope everyone has a great week!  Remember to become a fan of JA Greetings on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/JA-Greetings-Purveyors-of-Fine-Wit) and follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/JAGreetings). 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love it! Every day should be a holiday. There's always a reason to be thankful you're alive. I like Fuzzy Slippers Day, I own a few of them and there are never enough. I'll be donning my red moccasin slippers tomorrow in honor of Fuzzy Slipper Day. :)

    ReplyDelete