CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Most Beautiful Man in the World

I'm sitting in my family room watching the snow begin to fall.  My nephew, Jack, is sitting next to me playing a matching game on my iPhone.  He's so sweet (at the moment) curled up next to me giggling at his game.  "There's a mouse, Aunt Jamie!  Where's the other mouse?"  That's a hippopotamus with two teeth on it!"  He's really quite good at it now and rarely needs my help.

I wish I were as good at matching things!  I've been trying to match my greeting cards (and my sparkling wit) with an appreciative and financially solvent audience.  My friends and family have been incredibly supportive and even purchased some of our creations.  Still, I'd really like to sell cards because people like them and not because of a sense of obligation.  I read recently that to reach the audience you want, think of your ideal buyer/reader.  My ideal everything showed up at my door recently.  The most beautiful man in the world came to the visit, and my world became so much brighter!  He had piercing blue eyes, a firm jaw, and a smile that could melt a blizzard.  He's also smart and funny and kind and generous and humble, but I'd marry him for the smile.  I had thought that my cards should be mainly directed at women since most greeting cards are purchased by women and my company is run by women.  However, when I showed a selection to tMBMitW, he died laughing.  That amazing feeling was almost enough to make me rethink this new marketing strategy.  I know that's not practical, but I think I've already demonstrated that I'm not a very practical person.  Oh well.  

In reality, I probably won't actually remarket because of one man.  But I probably will write some cards about him.  Everyone could use some encouragement from tMBMitW, right?  I sure could!

No comments:

Post a Comment