CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Jamie's Hero and Villain of the Week

I'm a big sci-fi fan.  Yes, I'm a dork.  But for serious, I write a blog about greeting cards; what did you think I was?  And remember:  people who read blogs about greeting cards shouldn't throw stones!  Anyway, I'm a sci-fi fan because I love stories about complex heroes I can root for taking down some dark force and making the world safe for democracy or freedom or breathing non-glue filled air or whatever.  So I thought it would be fun to recap each week with the top Hero and Villain from the past seven days.

Hero of the Week
The person who invented the fine-tipped glitter glue pen
This person has saved me hours and lots of frustration by making it easy to add sparkly detail without a huge mess.  I tried using loose glitter to embellish some of my cards and it was a disaster.  I spent a ridiculous amount of time applying tacky glue with a fine-tipped paint brush and then sprinkling the glitter over top of the whole mess.  Worst. Idea. Ever.  So thank you, inventor of the fine-tipped glitter glue pen, for making my life easier and saving me from pneumosparkliosis.  

Villain of the Week
Stars
There was way too much chaos over zodiac signs this week.  Have they changed?  Have they not changed?  Does it matter?  Really, it's a ridiculous amount of commotion over information usually found by the crossword puzzle in the paper.  And yet, I don't know who to blame.  Should I blame the astronomy professor who gave the initial interview?  The astrologers who make a living by perpetuating a myth?  The media who incited this War-of-the-Worlds-like panic?  There are too many players in this game to make any one of them a really good villain.   Consequently, I decided to blame the original source of all the hoopla--the stars.  Take that, Cosmos!

I hope you've enjoyed the first installment of Jamie's Hero and Villain of the week!  Check back next Friday to see who else will make the list!  As always, remember to check out http://JAGreetingss.etsy.com.  I've just listed a newly embellished version of one of our original cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment