CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Irony and Social Media

Happy New Year to everyone!  About a week and a half into the new year is when most people start faltering on their resolutions.  Not me.  This is the time I start deciding which of my resolutions I actually meant and start taking action.  This year, I'm focusing a lot of my energy on JA Greetings in the hopes that I will one day be able to financially support myself.  My parents have been awesome letting me move back home and stop contributing to society, but I'll probably start to feel guilty about being a freeloader one of these days.  

To avoid that future guilt, I've been very busy trying to develop a marketing strategy.  I was really gung-ho about it until I broke my brain!  No I'm just gung (or am I just ho?).  Part of my brilliant and oh-so-original strategy was to create a Facebook page and Twitter account for the business.  While I was doing this, I realized their is a certain irony in relying on web-based social networking sites to convince people they need to send an actual card.  That is made with paper.  That requires a stamp to mail.  

Thankfully, there is a techno-savvy subculture (that prides itself on being above fad of social networking while still using it constantly) that's kind of madly in love with irony.  Yes, I'm talking about you, Hipsters.  I think you'll appreciate the snarkiness of the cards, and I promise to stop wanting to punch you in your stupid faces if you assist me in my quest for financial independence.  

Anyway, (please!) feel free to become fans of JA Greetings, Purveyors of Fine Wit on Facebook and follow JAGreetings on Twitter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment