CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why I Should Be a Superhero and/or Spy

Hello again everyone!  I hope you all enjoyed Ashley's post yesterday, which, judging by the stats, you did.  I also hope that you enjoyed Fuzzy Slippers Day as much as I did.  Were your feet as cozy as this?



I thought not!

Gilbert is being deceptively sweet and docile.
In addition to wearing my fuzzy slippers yesterday, I also worked on embellishing and re-listing one of my favorite JA Greetings cards.  This card was inspired by my abundance of impractical shoes.  One day I was wearing a particularly gorgeous pair of lacy 4"pumps to the office.  I came home at the end of day with sore but beautiful feet to take care of my uber-crazy dog, Gilbert.  Gilbert was so excited to see me that I decided to take him out for his walk right away instead of changing into more sensible/ugly shoes.  As is typically my luck, the ground was soggy and my elegant heels sunk deeper into the mud with every step.  I suppose I should be grateful because that extra bit of grounding is the only thing that kept Gilbert from yanking me off my feet altogether.  He's really much stronger than he looks.  

Anyway, this experience inspired me to create a card that shows the need to wear fabulous shoes even when it doesn't seem practical.  That line of thought (along with hours of spy/sci-fi viewing) led me to wonder what kind of lifestyle requires the constant wearing of amazing footwear?  The answer was obvious.  Spies and superheros always wear amazing shoes!  Stiletto heels both support the cover as a wealthy and sophisticated jet-setter, but also double as a weapon should someone discover by my secret spy mission.  And a superhero's sleek and sexy boots make it possible to fight for truth, justice, and the American way in stylish comfort!

It's more that just the shoes that makes me long to be a spy and/or superhero.  Have you seen the accessories?  Incredible!

In honor of all of the fabulous spies and heroes out there, I think tomorrow's made-up holiday is going to be Beautiful Boot Day!  Everyone enjoy, and be sure to let me know about the beautiful boots you decide to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment