CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Go Eat Your Teddy Grahams, Gilla!

I don't so much like kids.  Don't get me wrong--there are a few kids that I like, but it's more the exception than the rule.  But I love being an aunt!  My favorite thing about being an aunt is that I get to play with Jack and give him candy and then send him home.  I get to watch him stain his clothes with magic Fun-Dip  but I don't have to clean him up!

Now Jack is getting old enough that he appreciates nicknames and phone calls and text messages.  Okay, he can't text actual words, but he loves to try!  We call each other "Gilla" which means "Crazy" in Indonesian.  A couple of weeks ago, Ashley called me because Jack wanted to "talk to Gilla on the phone."  When she put him on, the shouted, "Gilla, I'm doing a puzzle!" Last week, he was sick so I told my Gilla I hoped he felt better.  His response:  "Go eat your teddy grahams, Gilla!"  I'm not really sure if that was directed at me or himself.  This conversation took place via text message (with Ashley typing for Jack), and I didn't have to wipe his drippy nose or anything!

I adore my nephew, and I adore that fact he is not my sole responsibility.  We just renewed a card inspired by my darling Gilla.  Ashley and I are developing another line of cards inspired by Jack's toddler art.  We just want to help other people celebrate that bond of love without responsibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment